CleanPath’s principals are clean industry pioneers with decades of experience in renewable energy investment and development, including technology, risk management, structured finance, asset management and policy.
For nearly thirty years, CleanPath’s principals have participated in many of the significant transactions defining today’s renewable energy industry. Over that time, the team has established a pioneering track record financing, executing the development and owning renewable energy assets in North America as well as financing infrastructure projects in over fifteen developing economy countries.
Most recently, CleanPath principals have financed and executed the development of over fifty commercial and utility-scale solar projects, including one of the largest solar photovoltaic power plants in North America, Nellis Air Force Base.
A selection of our principal’s recent contributions to advancing renewable energy include:
- Introduced the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) to the U.S. solar market in 2001, the mechanism which today finances the majority of solar power in the U.S.
- Formed the first solar tax equity fund in the U.S., and syndicated four subsequent solar tax equity funds.
- Financed, owned, and operated over $300 million in solar energy assets
- Financed and executed 100 megawatts of biomass projects
- Developed an early-stage pipeline exceeding 2 gigawatts
Our core investment strategy is informed by related assets and capabilities, such as PVUSA, a 90-acre photovoltaic testing facility in Davis, California, which we own and operate as a unique testing facility for emerging technologies that hold the promise of delivering enhanced performance and reduced cost.